I never liked fabric shower mats. It's a breeding ground for viruses and bacteria. What to do then? Simple.
Get yourself a bath mat made out of wood. The best wooden bath mat can give your shower room a stylish upgrade that is both modern and sleek looking.
When it comes to interior design, the outer portion of the bathroom gets the least amount of attention. Just opting for a simple wood or bamboo mat outside of your shower will bring warmth to your shower room.
When you step outside and stand on a wooden mat just after taking a shower, it will make this boring daily chore feel like a spa day. A small change is all you need.
GOBAM Shower Mat
5 out of 5
ZPIRATES Natural Bamboo Wood Bath Mat
5 out of 5
Bambusi Luxury Bamboo Bath Mat
4.5 out of 5
Bare Decor Giza Shower, Spa, Door Mat
4 out of 5
Domax Wooden Mat
4.5 out of 5
Our Recommended 7 Best Wood Bath Mats
With that being said, here are 7 of the very good wood bath mats that will turn your daily drudgery of taking a bath into a spa-like experience.
1. GOBAM Shower Mat Bath Mat for Spa Relaxation
When getting out of the bath or shower, wouldn't it be nice to step onto a smooth, bamboo bath mat? This one from the GOBAM store might be the right bamboo mat for you. There are a couple of things that caught our eye when we first reviewed this item. The first one is the narrow groove.
That's right. Unlike regular mats, the grooves of this mat are much smaller. Along with that, the planks are also much wider, which gives you two advantages.
First, it makes the mat more comfortable to step on. Your toes won't slip between the planks. And second, it prevents squeaky noise that is common on bamboo mats.
By spacing the slats closer together, the load-bearing capacity is greatly increased. For maximum grip, there are nine anti-slip gaskets screwed underneath the mat.
The vented design of this mat allows for quick water and airflow. This makes the mat dry faster and prevents mildew. The surface is also highly water-resistant.
The surface of this anti-slip bamboo bath mat is finely finished. It's very smooth and comfortable to the touch and has three times coating for longer-lasting color retention.
As for the usage, the versatile design of this mat allows you to place it just about anywhere. It can be used indoor and outdoor.
- Made using natural, eco-friendly bamboo
- High load-bearing capacity
- Three times coating for a smoother finish
- Wider planks and well-vented design
- Bamboo Mat for Indoors and Outdoors: Make an eco-friendly addition to your space with the GOBAM bamboo...
- Anti-slip Design: The shower mat has 9 anti-slip gaskets on the bottom to keep it firmly in place. Its...
- Smooth Surface and Easy Cleaning: The floor mat measures 19.7 x 13 x 1.3 inches inches and has rounded...
- Heavy-duty Shower Mat: The wooden mat is sturdy and can easily withstand a heavy weight. Its load-bearing...
2. Natural Bamboo Wood Bath Mat
If you plan on rolling up your bath mat, this lattice design bamboo mat might be the right one for you. This uniquely designed mat rolls up easily and has enough ventilation point for the water to evaporate. Underneath the mat, there are silicone rubber pads that prevent slippage.
Unlike other elevated options on this list, the low-profile design of this product will appeal to a lot of people. This rectangular-shaped bamboo wood mat is easy to clean and also waterproof.
You can buy four of these to make a large floor mat. Other than that, it is also a great multipurpose rug that can be used anywhere.
You can use it as an outdoor shower mat or place it inside your bathroom. The bamboo wood is lighter than teak and doesn't have any hidden nails or screws.
Thanks to its durable design, this mat won't sag or bend. It won't stain either. This product is stronger than rubber or plastic and also very flexible.
This foldable mat comes in a neat looking giftable package. Compared to fabric floor rugs, this wooden mat is much easier to clean.
When not in use, you can roll it up for space-saving storage. Wipe it with a damp cloth after each use and spray it with water. Air-dry it, and this mat will last you a lifetime.
- Finished with a waterproof coating
- Rolls up easily for storage
- Less maintenance and cleans easily
- Upgraded floor-gripping silicone rubber pad for stable footing
- WITH NON SKID RUBBER PADS - The bottom is padded with rubber grip tape, non slip on textured surface, to...
- VENT PAD FOR BATHROOM RUGS - Place under or on top of fabric rug to make rug dry quicker thus extending...
- LONG-LASTING USE UP TO 4 YEARS - It has a longer lifespan for up to 4 years, would not stain or sag;...
- NO HIDDEN NAILS OR SCREWS USED - Unlike other wood bath rugs that use nails and screws and will rust...
3. Bambusi Luxury Bamboo Bath Mat
Give your bathroom space a mix of style and nature with a premium, hand-crafted bamboo mat from Bambusi. Thanks to the practical design of this mat, it provides a comfortable exit point when you step away from the shower. The versatile design of this mat makes it perfect for outdoor and indoor use.
This wooden floor mat can also be used outside of your tub or spa. If you have an outdoor shower, use this foldable mat to protect your feet from becoming sandy.
It can also be used as a decorative item. The wider planks give the surface a comfortable feeling when you step onto it.
This 18 x 24-inches bamboo mat blends in well in the pool area. It's sturdy, eco-friendly, and waterproof.
This mat is made using solid Moso bamboo that is durable and will last for years. Under that mat, there are six soft slip-resistant pads that are screwed securely for maximum footing stability.
No matter how wet the floor gets, this mat won't move an inch. It comes ready to use out of the box and fully assembled.
You can securely place your wet feet on the mat, knowing that the mat will stay firm on the floor. Last but not least, the wide planks combined with the slatted design allows for maximum airflow.
- Foldable bamboo mat with a slatted design
- Six anti-slip rubber pads on the bottom
- No visible nails or screws on top
- A beautiful finish top to bottom
- NON-SLIP MAT: With its 10 rubber pegs, this wood shower mat will stay firmly in place, making it safe and...
- SLATS: The bath mat has slats which allow the water to drain. You won’t find water pooling at your...
- FOLDABLE: We’ve added hinges to make this foldable for storage and travel.
- BEAUTIFUL BATH MAT: A wooden floor mat looks and feels much better than a soggy fabric mat that forever...
4. Bare Decor Giza Shower, Spa, Door Mat in Solid Teak Wood
The advantage of owning a shower mat made from teak wood is that they are natural mold and mildew resistant. Teak is extremely beautiful, and if you are looking for one, this is the best teak bath mat on the market. Did you know that teak, aka Tectona grandis, is the world's most water-resistant wood?
Now you know. This beautiful looking mat from Bare Décor Store is made using solid teak wood and has a gorgeous, oiled finish. The surface of this bath mat is naturally warm and slip resistant. Out of all the wooden mats in this list, this one has the maximum grip. It also comes fully assembled.
With a width of 36-inch and length of 20-inch, this wood mat can be used on spa, sauna, shower, patio, RV, deck, balcony, and even on your lawn.
You can use it both indoors and outdoors. In addition to its clean, slip-resistant surface, it can also repel water and moisture and prevent mildew growth underneath.
If you like the color that it comes with, you can always keep it shining like new with just a little bit of maintenance. You see, the oil is called "Teak Oil."
And if your mat comes in contact with a lot of water and is used a lot, you might want to reapply this teak oil once every 6 to 12 months in order to keep it shining.
- Made using premium solid teak wood
- Beautifully crafted and has an oiled finish
- Slip-resistant and naturally warm surface
- Water-resistant and highly durable
- The high oil content works as a natural moisture barrier as well as giving it a rich warm coloring.
- Indoor or outdoor use (shower, spa, sauna, balcony, deck, RV, patio, lawn)
- Dimensions: 35.5"W x 19.75"L x 1.2"H
- Slip resistant and naturally warm surface
5. Domax Wooden Bamboo Bath Shower Mat
There is something about black bamboo mats that make me want to buy them again and again. I don't know if it's the elegant design or the comfortable feeling of having such a luxury item in the shower.
Whatever the case, this bath shower mat from Domax will surely bring some elegance and comfort to your life.
Right off the bat, let me tell you, this mat is a lot sturdier and more durable than most bamboo shower mats on the market.
First of all, the material used in the construction is MOSO bamboo, which is renowned for its durability and longevity. Just by looking at it, you can tell the superior craftsmanship of this mat.
There are non-slip rubber stoppers securely screwed under the mat that allows it to stay firm on wet surfaces. Three layers of waterproof varnish are applied to the mat to make it water-resistant.
It also makes the mat mildew resistant. In addition to that, the vented design allows water to drain between the slats.
Normally, I would pass it off as some random bamboo mat, but something caught my eye when I first looked at the finish.
The round edges are really smooth but not slippery. This will give you a comfortable feeling when you step onto it after taking a shower.
- Smooth finish with rounded edges
- Non-slip rubber stoppers underneath the mat
- Comes with three layers of waterproof varnish
- Ventilated design with small gaps
- 🛀🏽 STURDY BAMBOO: The bath mat is made of MOSO bamboo, more sturdy and durable than wood and oak,...
- 🛀🏽 SURPERB CRAFTSMANSHIP: The surface of the bamboo shower mat is finely finished by three times...
- 🛀🏽 SPECIAL DESIGN: The rubber screws grip surfaces firmly to keep the shower mat from sliding on...
- 🛀🏽 MULTIPLE USE: The floor mat is a perfect addition to your bathroom, bathtub, sauna or spa area...
6. Bamboo Non-Skid, Water-Repellent Runner Rug for Bathroom
Now, this is something you don't see every day. It is shaped like a runner rug, but it's actually made using A-grade quality natural bamboo.
This low pile bamboo mat is super stylish and very eco-friendly. It blends in well with just about any bathroom interior design thanks to its premium wooden look.
While the gaps between the planks are not very visible, the material itself is naturally waterproof. This makes it very easy to clean with water. You can also take a damp cloth and wipe it off. After that, air dry it for a little bit. The finish coat is stain-resistant, and stains also wash off easily.
The beautiful finish coat of this shower foot carpet remains intact for a long time. Since the material is naturally weather-resistant, it is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
Along with its protective coating on the top, you will also notice a non-slip fabric underneath. This anti-slip material makes the rug super grippy.
I'm not done yet. The non-slip fabric under the mat offers dryer and clog-free floor matting. Because the mat is made using bamboo, it is harder and stronger than typical wooden mats and much lighter. It's also healthier and more durable than fabric or plastic rugs. It's also very affordable.
- Easy to clean and stain-resistant surface
- Designed like a runner rug
- Unique rollable bamboo shower mat
- Anti-slip layer on the bottom
- Bamboo bath mat is made of A-grade quality real bamboo, very eco friendly and super stylish. It has a...
- Beautiful finish coat applied so it's easy to clean and spilling doesn't stain the wood It’s naturally...
- Stronger and harder than wood, Bamboo is also more durable and healthier than any plastic.
- Durable, from a renewable resource, eco-friendly style, a perfect bathroom floor mat like this can be...
7. Utoplike Teak Wood Bath Mat
Make your shower classier than ever before with a premium teak wood bath mat from Utoplike. There is something about teak that makes floor mats look classier.
Out of all the materials used for making shower mats, teak is by far the most premium material you can find on the market.
The lacquer finish on this A-grade luxury teak wood offers a sense of luxury when you take a shower. The reddish-brown wooden color finish on this bath mat is not just for show. This finish enhances the water-resistant capability of teak wood while making the mat longer lasting.
It has increased load bearing, which is a lot more than mats made from bamboo. In addition to that, it also has a higher hardness.
The coating on the surface of this mat helps to resist scratches and dents. This helps the mat to stay new and in a clean condition for longer than you would normally expect.
This mat also has enhanced safety features like the non-slip and non-crack design. It comes ready to be used right out of the box and fully assembled.
It is also virtually maintenance-free since it is made out of teak. That's a good thing because the woo will take care of the mat for you.
- Maintenance-free wooden bath mat
- Advanced anti-slip rubber pads
- Dent and scratch-resistant surface
- A beautiful lacquer finish
- Upgrade Your Classy Bathroom - Premium teak bath mat looks much beautiful than other material made...
- Luxury A Grade Teak Wood with Lacquer Finish - The bath mat is made of teak wood, only A grade teak made...
- Improved Non Crack & Non Slip Design - 4 support battens on the underside reinforced the mat sturdiness...
- No Assenble Required & Low Maintenance - Our teak shower mat for inside shower comes fully assembled and...
Comparison Chart of Top 7 Wood Bath Mats
GOBAM Wood Shower Mat
19.68 x 13 x 1.26 inches
ZPIRATES Natural Bamboo Bath Mat
23 x 15 to 24 x 16 Inches
Bambusi Luxury Bath Mat
24" x 18" x 1" inches
Bare Decor Giza Shower, Spa, Door Mat
35.5" x 19.75" x 1.2"
Domax Wooden Bamboo Bath Mat
31.3 X 18.1 X 1.5 Inches
Bamboo Rug for Bathroom
23.8’’ x 15.7’’ x 0.2’’
Utoplike Teak Wood Bathroom Mat
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Wood Bath Mat
Taking a bath in the morning gives us the refreshing energy we need for the day. It is at that time where we get to work on ourselves. It's that place where we go to refresh and recharge.
However, do this every day, and this routine will feel like a chore. This is where a slight renovation can make a huge difference. Now it's not possible to change the interior of the shower place. However, you can change the mat.
Now, it's not hygienic to use a fabric mat. Instead, a wooden mat can be a more hygienic and environmental solution. Japanese Onsen culture has a long history of using wooden items for spa and sauna.
You too, can get the indulgent feel of a premium sauna just by opting for a fragrant Hinoki or bamboo teak mat. It might look like a simple swap, but there is more to it than just a simple aesthetic change.
Here are just a couple of things that you will need to keep in mind when buying a mat made out of wood or bamboo.
In terms of build quality, bamboo is the cheapest option out there. The low-price tag of bamboo mats might look tempting, but not all of them are worth buying.
Some of the bamboo mats out there make a sort of creaky and cracking noise that might become a deal-breaker for a lot of people. Now, teak, on the other hand, is expensive but worth every penny.
They feel comfortable under your feet and are naturally warm and slip resistant. By nature, teak wood is highly water-resistant that makes them the best wood for making bathroom mats. You can also go with cedar, but they won't be as good as teak. In general, look for a mat that is well built and has a sturdy construction.
The finish is very important. And no, I'm not talking about the outer appearance. I'm talking about the overall finish of the wood. There are some high-end teak mats that are extremely well made.
Some manufacturers go the extra length of selecting only the best woods for their mats. Also, the components need to be cut at the exact length. Woods that are machined and sanded will generally have no rough edges.
The last thing you want on a wooden mat is splinters. Make sure there are no rough spots or splinters on the mat.
If you plan on using a mat inside the shower, measure carefully. Make sure the mat you are buying will fit your shower perfectly. Also, leave some spare room just in case you need to lift up the mat. If you want the perfect mat, the secret here is to measure carefully.
Only the mats that are made using teak wood will offer the best grip. Look for a non-skid wooden mat if you want maximum grip. Having non-skid rubber feet means the mat won't slide around even when the floor is wet.
As discussed in Shower Park, if your shower floor gets slippery, you can always rely on a wooden mat to stay in place. Some manufactures provide more than 20 non-skid rubber feet for extra assurance.
Benefits of a Wooden Bath Mat
These wooden mats are virtually maintenance-free. Unlike cloth or fabric mats, these mats won't soak up water.
- Thanks to their durable design, they won't get damaged easily.
- The upfront cost of a wooden bath mat might look a bit expensive, but you can easily get years of use from them.
- By nature, these mats are very durable and low-maintenance, and also visually appealing.
- Apart from getting a decorative item, it's also the healthiest, safest, and most economical option for modern-day bathrooms.
- Another advantage of using a wooden mat is that you won't have to stand on the cold floor when the shower is off.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Maintain and Care aor a Wood Bath Mat?
Answer: Since a bath mat comes into contact with water every day, it is common to have moisture buildup under it. Although most wooden bath mats are resistant to mildew and moisture buildup, the floor isn't.
Other than water, these mats can store kitty litter, dead skin, urine spray, bacteria, and all that. For this reason, if you live alone, you should clean it once a week. Mats that are made out of teak wood can be washed just by spraying water. Make sure to air dry them after washing.
2. Are Bath Mats Made Out of Wood Dangerous?
Answer: Yes and no. Keep in mind that the swelling of the timbers and the humid environment of a bathroom can cause the rubber feet attached under the mat to dislodge. If you see signs of shakiness, inspect the parts that are glued down. One slip, and you will have head wounds for breakfast.
3. What is the Best Solution to Clean a Wooden Shower Mat?
Answer: Laundry detergent and hot water solutions are enough for most cleaning jobs. During regular use, this mixture is enough to sanitize your bath mat and floor. Wood mats also need to be cleaned frequently. You can use a solution of white vinegar and water to wipe wood mats.
4. Do Wood Mats Absorb Water?
Answer: No. Bamboo mats and other wood mats do not absorb water. Most of them well repel water and have ventilation points to let excess water flow out. This makes them the perfect choice for outdoor shower mats. Some of them can be used inside the bathroom that has central drainage.
5. Which Mat is Better? Bamboo or Teak?
Answer: I strictly don't prefer one over the other. Both of them have their own pros and cons. If you like bamboo stuff, go with a bamboo mat. Teak, on the other hand, has its own appeal, but that will come at a cost.
Some teak mats are really expensive, and I don't personally prefer spending more than a hundred bucks for a wooden mat.
Rather than starting your day stepping onto a soggy fabric bath mat, why not get the best wooden bath mat and get some warmth to your bathroom?
It's an investment that's not only hygienic but can change the mood of a person (in a good way) when you step onto one.