Are you scratching your head trying to find the best sprayer for Thompson Water Seal for your deck, fence or even patio? Staining may be a difficult task, especially when you have to cover large and hard to reach surfaces using a brush or roller.
But if you discover the right pump sprayer, it will be one enjoyable activity that will give your wood a whole new look.
However, picking the right piece will take a lot of time. That’s why we have taken the effort to review the best 6 deck sprayers on the market and highlighting their benefits.
In this guide, we will also brief you on how a sprayer works and how to choose the good one for preserving your interior or exterior décor. Keep scrolling!
ITISLL 1Gallon Pump Sprayer
5 out of 5
VIVOSUN 1.3 Pump Pressure Sprayer
5 out of 5
Smith 190285 1-Gallon Sprayer
4.5 out of 5
Chapin International Thompson’s 2-Gallon Sprayer
4 out of 5
Deck & Home 190399 Universal Sprayer
4.5 out of 5
The 6 Best Sprayer for Thompson Water Seal
1. ITISLL 1Gallon Pump Sprayer
At a glance, you’ll easily note how compact and lightweight this pump sprayer is. Designed to accommodate one gallon of sealant solution, the ITISLL 1Gallon Pump Sprayer is portable for application on higher decks without straining.
Besides, most users love this sprayer because it comes with a brass rod fitted and an adjustable nozzle. This feature allows you to regulate the stain spray between a straight column and a cone shower.
Connecting to the rod is easy since it has a flexible hose of standard length for spraying higher and hard to reach corners. Also, it features a wider and adjustable strap that makes it easy to carry on your shoulders for easy maneuvering.
In addition, it’s designed with a super large bowl mouth for easy filling. Hence, this keeps you safe from an accidental mess. The tank construction is solid for long-term service and transparent for easy monitoring of the solution level.
The comfort of finishing the job as fast without fatigue is paramount in water sealant application. It ensures it dries evenly and in time.
Luckily, this sprayer’s handle is comfortable on your hands and includes a special spray locking system. This enables continuous spraying while relieving your thumb from muscle strain when working long hours.
- It’s a lightweight construction for easy carrying.
- It’s fitted with a high-quality and adjustable brass nozzle.
- Extra-large bowl for filling without messing and for easy cleaning.
- It gains adequate pressure after a few times of pumping.
- The ergonomic handle has a locking system to facilitates long-time spraying.
- ★ Portable & Multi-Purpose Pressure Sprayer: This hand sprayer can be used for cleaning cars,...
- ★ Adjustable brass rod: The high-quality brass nozzle can adjust the intensity of the water spray from...
- ★ Ergonomic handle: The ergonomic handle with locking trigger not only reduces fatigue, but also...
- ★Safety & Convenience-The yard sprayer is made of high-quality PE material. This allows you to clearly...
2. VIVOSUN 1.3 Pump Pressure Sprayer For Thompson Water Seal
Featuring a big bowl design, this sprayer is a favorite option for both commercial and domestic application of Thompson Water Seal on your deck or patio.
Pouring solutions in the VIVOSUN Pump Pressure Sprayer is no problem and limits the chances of spillages. After the job is done, it also becomes easier to access the inside of the bottle for a thorough cleaning.
It’s a convenient sprayer easy to use than most models in the market. Within a few easy pumps, the bottle accumulates enough pressure to spray almost the content before you can add more pressure. Hence, it covers a wider are at a go.
The bottle of this VIVOSUN pump comes in different colors, but that doesn’t obstruct your eyes from viewing the level of the liquid along the calibration scale. You can easily know when exactly to add more stain.
It features a sturdy design and a safety valve to stabilize the pressure inside the bottles. Hence it keeps you safe by releasing built-up pressure when opening the bowl during a refill.
In addition, the wear-resistant seals, anti-clogging filters and brass nozzles guarantee you extended use for value.
- It has a unique bowl design for refilling and maintenance.
- It’s a durable construction with wear-resistant components.
- Easy to use with the rotating nozzle to adjust the spray.
- It comes with a pressure valve for safety precaution.
- Adjustable Nozzle: This sprayer comes with water column spray and shower spray settings, you can adjust...
- Easy Operation and Safety: The ergonomic handle with locking trigger, you can drip or spray continuously...
- Easy to Fill and Check: The large bowl and funnel design on the top makes it easy to fill; This pressure...
- Durable and Portable: The sprayer’s thickened bottom improves its durability and stability; Each...
3. Smith 190285 1-Gallon Sprayer
Built for repeated use with the toughest chemicals, this brand from Smith is the most durable spraying tool you can get in the market. Both the bottle and accessories comprise heavy-duty plastic that resists harsh solutions and physical damage for longevity.
Fitted with Viton seals and gaskets in the entire system, this Smith product will handle daily usage without jamming, leaking or clogging irrespective of the concentration used. Your Thompson Water Seal application will be a simple task for this model.
The easy-to-use design comes with a wide-mouth opening for safe filling of solutions without spilling. It also fits its pump with a contoured handle for fast and sufficient pressurization.
In addition, the poly wand comes with a grip handle fitted with a lock-on switch for continuous spraying. This feature eliminates the strain that goes to your wrist because of the constant pressing of the release lever.
For ease of access to all corners and free movement, the wand connects to a 36-inch-long hose. It’s further reinforced with fiber to resist cracking from strong sunlight and twisting.
- It’s highly resistant to corrosion for durability
- It doesn’t clog from many solutions.
- It’s portable for multiple applications
- Its wand has a shut-off system for long spraying time
- Easy to use, 1-step assembly. Fill, pressurize and spray
- Use with bleach and other harsh chemicals when cleaning bricks, tubs, showers, siding, or even locker...
- Shut-off has a comfortable grip and will lock on for continuous spraying
- Replaceable Viton seals and gaskets throughout pump and wand for chemical resistance and sprayer...
4. Chapin International Thompson’s 2-Gallon Sprayer
The summer weather is unkind to your outdoor wood surfaces such as decks, fence and patio. But applying Thompson Wood Seal using the Chapin International Thompson’s 2-Gallon sprayer will keep them from drying out and cracking.
This design features a three-fan nozzle pack to choose the best fit for every type of application. In comparison with older versions that consumed more Water Seal than necessary, the different nozzles ensure the work moves faster and with less wastage.
And, if you happen not to own a face mask, this product comes with a shield that attaches before the nozzle to keep off the fumes. All these extras are secured firmly on a holder to ensure you have them close all the way.
The mouth opening design is wider and eases pouring in of solutions and thorough cleaning after use. The easy-to-use sprayer comes with a valve locking feature on its handle for continuous and strain-free spraying.
This sprayer has a greater capacity compared to the previous units and hence perfect suited for greater coverage without having to refill frequently.
Moreover, the strapless design comes with an extra-long reinforced hose. Hence, it compensates for portability and delivers convenience when tackling hard to reach places.
- Different nozzles ensure smooth spraying
- It’s easy to use without carrying on your shoulders.
- It’s more efficient and worth the cost.
- Its higher capacity is suitable for executing greater tasks.
- Durable 2-Gallon Tri-Poxy tank with a 4-inch wide funnel mouth opening for easy filling and cleaning
- Compatible with deck cleaners, sealers and transparent stains
- 3 poly fan nozzles for fine, medium and coarse spray pattern
- Poly shut-off with reinforced hose
5. Deck & Home 190399 Universal Sprayer
Specially design for domestic and commercial purposes, the two-gallon Deck and Home Universal Sprayer can apply stains over medium and large surfaces. Another reason is that it includes four multipurpose nozzles that allow the user convenience in every task.
Most users would attest that this tool is one of the most efficient in comparison with other models they have used before.
This is because of its unique ability to fill up enough pressure to spray the entire content within a few pumps. The system increases the airflow pressure, making the stain solution to flow out steadily and fluently.
While it’s ideal for multiple uses around your home or garden, you need to pay attention to protect the entire system with Viton seals and gaskets.
These useful parts ensure that the pump, wand and nozzles do not block from residues, prevent leakage and promote longevity of the sprayer.
The wide-mouth funnel minimizes unwanted spillage by making it easy to pour in the stain or other chemicals. It also makes cleaning the interiors much easier. And, for your safety, it features a release valve to expel unutilized pressure before opening the mouth.
Finally, by pushing the switch forward on the lock-on feature, you will have the freedom to continue spraying effortlessly.
- It’s a versatile sprayer for everyone.
- It carries a larger capacity for bigger tasks.
- It comes with a hand free lock-on feature.
- The system consists of Viton seals and gaskets for longevity.
- 2 gallon sprayer for lawn and garden care, insect control and watering plants. Not designed to apply...
- Premium shut-off with comfort grip and lockable shutoff for continuous spraying
- Viton seals and gaskets throughout the pump and shut-off for long lasting chemical resistance
- Highly efficient pump requires 25% fewer pumps per gallon than leading competitor
6. Chapin 20541 Sprayer
Manufactured by one of the leading brands globally, Chapin 20541 is a reliable tool of work for several uses. Applying stain professionally on your woodwork is no exception. This design features an inner clog filter that allows the sealer to flow freely and continuously through the nozzle.
Ranking as one of the best sprayer for Thompson Water Seal, it’s comfortable and safe to use when doing the job.
The Chapin’s 20541 also features a long wand attached to the long handle to double your reach while keeping the solution away from your body.
Therefore, you need not move every step to cover a wider section, while saving your energy to work longer. Further, the ergonomic handle contains a locking valve to spray without pressing the lever as long as you pump enough pressure in the bottle.
Whether you are applying the sealant on individual wood panels, fence, a deck surface or your patio, this unit includes adjustable foaming and cone nozzles for all your tasks. These nozzles will make you a professional, painting on target and minimizing wastage.
While you’ll need the services of a technician to service some competing sprayers, this brand is entirely serviceable by yourself.
You can disassemble the parts, including the shut-off system, clean and assemble them back. In addition, the solid base to resist hard surface, high-quality plastic construction is built to last.
- It’s a multipurpose design
- Its comfortable straps make it easy to carry on your shoulder
- It has a locking lever on the handle to relieve fatigue.
- Serviceable parts for durability
- 1-Gallon, translucent tank with a wide funnel top for easy filling and cleaning
- Includes two nozzles: a foaming nozzle for using less material with increased accuracy, and an adjustable...
- Made in the USA with global materials
- Compatible with Common fertilizers, weed killers, and pesticides
Thompson Water Seal Sprayer Compression Chart
ITISLL 1Gallon Garden Pump Sprayer
VIVOSUN 1.3 Gallon Pump Pressure Sprayer
Chapin 20541 Sprayer
Smith 190285 1-Gallon Sprayer
Chapin International Thompson's 2-Gallon Sprayer
Deck & Home 190399 Universal Sprayer
Sprayer for Thompson Water Seal Buyer's guide
There are several brands in the market with varying specifications, and it may not be easy to walk into a store and pick any sprayer. Just to guide you on this, when deciding on the best sprayer for Thompson Water Seal to purchase, have a look at these factors.
Here it the factors to put in consideration before buying a sprayer:
Depending on how often you will use the stain sprayer, durability is a major factor to consider. If it’s a one-off project, then you need not invest a lot in a heavy-duty unit. But if the staining is regular, then a more solid construction will be a better choice.
The pressure system of sprayers is the most volatile. A durable brand will have the parts made from non-corrosive material and fitted with seals and gaskets to handle high pressure. A brass wand, for instance, is resistant to most chemical solutions than metallic ones.
In addition, even though a metallic pump sprayer will last decades, a heavy-duty plastic bottle sprayer may also last two years when handled well. Other factors that determine the longevity of your choice of sprayer include the availability of replaceable parts, which extends its lifespan.
A sprayer requires carrying around the workplace as it comes with a limited hose pipe. Hence, you need to consider its weight when empty and a lightweight sprayer would do the job effortlessly. However, lightweight shouldn’t mean a low-quality construction.
A sprayer with comfortable shoulder straps or a grip handle will also be an excellent choice. These two features make it easier to maneuver with the tank from one point to another.
Since you need to fill the sprayer before pumping, it is important to know how much solution it holds. It usually indicates the capacity in gallons. If you are staining a large surface area, you will need to purchase a sprayer with a larger capacity.
A sprayer with a larger bottle or tank will eliminate the need to keep to remixing and refilling your stain. If your project is smaller, well you as well do with a smaller sprayer.
As it goes with any other tool of work, sprayers come with different price tags. The challenge is choosing one that will give a value for your money. Ideally, the larger sprayers come with additional features, hence with a higher price tag.
On the other hand, basic sprayers that hold one-gallon are affordable and still up to the task. However, durability is also important when deciding based on price as cheap can be expensive in the long run.
The idea behind finding the good sprayer is to apply the stain uniformly over the wood surface. Hence, consider the nozzles it comes with. Some sprayers will have one adjustable nozzle, while others will come with over two nozzles.
The different nozzles are designed to produce different spray patterns and fan intensity. If you have to choose a single nozzle, ensure that it’s adjustable, so that it sprays the stain in the desired manner.
People Also Asked:
1. Can You Apply Water Seal with Sprayer?
Answer: The Thompson Water Seal manufacturer recommends that you use the stain with a plastic sprayer. While you can still apply the sealer with a paintbrush, a good sprayer is will be more efficient.
2. Is It Better to Spray or Brush for Deck Sealing or Stainning?
Answer: The reason sprayer is better for stain application is that it applies a steady and even coat than using a brush. Besides, it won’t leave brush marks behind.
3. How do You Clean Sprayer After Sealing?
Answer: Before opening the mouth, ensure the built-in pressure is released, and then empty the contents. Clean water or a pint of Acetone would do a thorough interior cleaning using a soft brush. Pump and rinse the wand too before drying the sprayer for storage.
Maintaining your wood woodwork as good as new brings not only out their natural aesthetic beauty but also saves you the costs of renovation.
When a stain is applied correctly will go a long way in protecting your hard-earned patio, deck and fences from external elements.
We hope this guide has been of help in finding the best sprayer for Thompson Water Seal for your next project.
Of importance is to remember that though some features are common in various brands, the weight or portability and durability are key features to look into.
Take into consideration the products we have reviewed and you will surely get your match. Our top pick, however, is the ITISLL 1Gallon Pump Sprayer with a durable brass wand and adjustable nozzle to drive the spray accurately.
Few Related Topics:
- How to Choose Wood Filament: A Complete Guide 2022 - July 17, 2021
- 10 Best Propane Forge Reviews in 2022 - June 30, 2021
- Best Circular Saw Blade for Plywood : Top 10 Picks - June 30, 2021