A PAIR OF GEORGE III HAREWOOD SIDE TABLES ATTRIBUTED TO MAYHEW AND INCE A superb pair of late 18th century side tables, having harewood veneered tops with tulipwood crossbanding and ebony and boxwood stringing inlaid with swags of engraved husks and classical urns, centred by a rosette. The edge inlaid with a guilloche and floral border above two drawers inlaid in holly to simulate fluting, with central framed tablets with original circular ormolu handles. Standing on five oval paterae headed and husk decorated square tapering legs with a galleried shelf and terminating on paterae inlaid block feet. English, circa 1775 Height: 3 ft 8 in; 111.5 cm Width: 4 ft 8 ¾ in; 144 cm Depth: 1 ft 5 ¼ in; 43.5 cm Provenance: Lord Revelstoke; Purchased circa 1925 by Moss Harris, who subsequently sold them separately; One with Lenygons until December 1945; The other with Gerald Kerin until 1951. Literature: H. H. Mulliner, ‘The Decorative Arts in England 1660–1780’, 1923, fig .25. Helena Hayward and E. Till, ‘Furniture Discovery at Burghley’, Country Life, 7 June 1973, p. 1607, figs. 8 & 9.