A PAIR OF GEORGE III GLASS AND ORMOLU TWO LIGHT CANDELABRA BY WILLIAM PARKER A rare pair of late 18th century Adam period glass and ormolu mounted two light candelabra by William Parker, the bases of typical 'patent' type, in square section blue glass with concave sides and profusely gilded, the sections mounted in gilt bronze of conforming shape and with a pine leaf cast section below the glass container, with rams' heads to each lower corner and a single drop to each upper corner, on moulded ormolu bases with ball feet, the central stem and nozzle supported by Van Dyck cut pans hung with pear drops. Candelabra with virtually identical bases were supplied by William Parker to Chatsworth House in Derbyshire. An instructive drawing by Parker for a pair of candelabra with the 'patent' bases is in the collection of The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. English, circa 1780 Height: 25 ¼ in; 64 cm Width: 14 in; 35.5 cm Depth: 11 in; 28 cm Literature: Percy Macquoid, ‘A History of English Furniture’, Vol. IV, ‘The Age of Satinwood’, London 1908, p.135, fig.126. Martin Mortimer, ‘The English Glass Chandelier’, Woodbridge 2000, pp. 96-8, pl. 42,43,44.